[mythtv-users] Any advantanges with PVR250 vs AverM179?

Darrick Hartman ricko73 at yahoo.com
Sun Dec 14 19:24:40 EST 2003

I'm fairly happy with my backend setup right now, but
since I plan on using an EPIA front end system, I'd
like to have my media recorded as mpeg2 without the
need for transcoding later on.  First will this be
possible with either the PVR250 or the AverM179?

Secondly, is there an advantage with the PVR250 over
the M179 or should I just go with the cheaper card?  I
don't plan on using TV out from either card.  Does
audio work directly on both/either card (or would I
need a sound card to feed the audio in?)

Thanks,

Darrick