[mythtv-users] Avermedia M179 w/ PVR250

Ian Forde ian at duckland.org
Sun Dec 14 20:53:35 EST 2003

On Sun, 2003-12-14 at 16:25, Ian Forde wrote:
> >    I have a 500MHz PIII running as a backend server (v12) with a PVR250 on
> > RH9 using the ATrpms suggested by Jarod's guide.  This is all working
> > fine.  I bought a couple M179's and am to the point where I can get video
> > in via SVideo on the new cards, but no sound (cat /dev/video1 >
> > test.mpg).  I've tried several ivtv/test_ioctl -v variations, to no avail.
>
> I've got a PVR-250 Freestyle card as /dev/video0.  The cat-to-mplayer
> test works fine, including audio.
>
> The M179 is /dev/video1.  The cat-to-mplayer works as far as audio goes,
> but strangely, the picture is *really* small.  As in - it looks like it
> captured a PIP shot...

Okay.  I've got it working now.  Here's what I had to do:

1. Install the version of the ivtv driver I listed in my previous post.
2. Install the firmware version 21226, available from

ftp://ftp.shspvr.com/download/wintv-pvr_250-350/win9x-2k-xp_mpeg_wdm_drv/

3. Recheck your /etc/modules.conf file.
4. Reboot.

> WinTV-dbx 401 on /dev/video2.  It's currently a little hosed.  I'll deal
> with it when I get the M179 working fully.

This is what I'm now currently fighting... ;)

	-I
--
                       Ian Forde, RHCE, CCSE, SCNA, SCDME
                       ian at duckland.org / ian at cytben.com