[mythtv-users] Re: apt-get mythtvsuite

Jonathon.Schmidt at sasktel.sk.ca Jonathon.Schmidt at sasktel.sk.ca
Mon Dec 15 10:51:53 EST 2003

Axel,
I have just heard things on the (fedora with Jarod's instructions?) thread
such as this.
Do you know diffrerently then that it will work?
Let me know as I am doing this install today
Jon
On Dec 11, 2003, at 07:36, Romel Llarena wrote:

> It's my understanding from email conversations with
> Jarod that the Fedora documentation will be out in the
> next week.

I think I'll have it out by the end of the weekend, but not covering
.13 just yet, mostly because it'll be a bit before Axel has the rpms
rolled and stress-tested.

> I think yesterdays .13 release does complicate things
> though and wouldn't be suprised if that will causes a
> delay in the release of .13. I'm close to doing a
> bare-metal as well, but would rather wait for .13 docs
> than to go ahead with a .12 install and subsequent update.

Look for a Fedora-based .12 doc by Sunday night, followed by a .13 doc
released just as Axel releases the rpms for public consumption. There
will also be an "upgrading your .12 system to .13" section...

Also, for the record, I followed the guide exactly as it is about two
weeks ago, setting up a Fedora Core-based system at a friend's house.
The only hitch I ran into was a missing fceultra for FC1 on ATrpms
(which has since been remedied). Otherwise, almost everything remains
the same, just some different package versions.

--
Jarod C. Wilson, RHCE

                      Axel Thimm
                      <Axel.Thimm at physik.fu        To:       Discussion about mythtv <mythtv-users at mythtv.org>
                      -berlin.de>                  cc:
                      Sent by:                     Subject:  [mythtv-users] Re: apt-get mythtvsuite
                      mythtv-users-bounces@
                      mythtv.org

                      12/15/2003 09:32 AM
                      Please respond to
                      Discussion about
                      mythtv

On Mon, Dec 15, 2003 at 07:56:34AM -0600, Jonathon.Schmidt at sasktel.sk.ca
wrote:
> Does anyone know, just checking here since I am goign to use the fedora
> core 1
> Using apt-get install mythtvsuite installs v.12 or .13 because i have
read
> .13 isnt quite working with fedora.

It is supposed to install 0.13, but what have you read about myth 0.13
not working on FC1?
Axel.Thimm at physik.fu-berlin.de
(See attached file: attum5gr.dat)