[mythtv-users] RE: PVR250 and Empty Mpeg files

Ryan myth at h2cs.com
Mon Dec 15 20:09:03 EST 2003

Richie (et al),
	I am experiencing the same problem with my setup.  Mythbackend runs as
root, and all permissions are fine.  I say that because the problem is
intermittant.  Of three programs that were scheduled to record today,
one recorded fine, one recorded the correct duration but on the wrong
channel, and the third claims to have recorded (the program shows up in
the watch recorded file list) but there is only a 0kb file in the
directory.  Mythfrontend was not running during the time all three of
the programs were scheduled, so I think I can eliminate that from the
culprit list.  I have been running with a PVR250 since myth 11, and this
is the first release I have had this issue (at myth 13 currently).  I
did not compile with debugging options, but I can if the backtrace might
help.  If anyone has some idea, or Richie, if you fix it , please post
to the list, since you are not alone.  FWIW, I am running on an Athlon
1G (no fancy shmancy XP or MP) with 512M RAM, 160G HDD, Nvidia FX5200
(again no fancy letters after), PVR-250, on Mandrake 9.1 with stock
Kernel.  HEEEELLLLLLPPPPPPPPP!!!!!!

Ryan