[mythtv-users] CLE266, lddmpeg: revisited.

Thomas Fjellstrom tfjellstrom at strangesoft.net
Mon Dec 15 20:11:56 EST 2003

[oops, forgot to CC to the list ;) also made some changes...]

On December 15, 2003 01:37 pm, you wrote:
> Thomas, but what are you using ?? Redhat with the via binaries ?? or a
> custom install with Ivors drivers?

Gentoo from stage 1, with via... no, I'll bet my drivers are right f*cked.
IIRC I installed the via full binaries, _but_ I _think_ I had some problems
with the stock drivers, so then I found a patched via_drv.o X (version:
4.3.99.901) driver at viaareana and It has seemed to fix whatever problem it
was I was trying to fix.... Which I can't recall, oy, its been a few days
since I've even worked on the box, and more since I was messing with drivers.

> What are your results when using myth ?

Live TV is fairly good, for a little while, but after time (which seemingly
depends on the network traffic and other things, I played with the res and
bitrate of the file to try and find a ballance...) I start getting
prebuffering pauses that garbles the audio and video... BUT, that was with
.12, I'll be trying .13 soon, AND changing my sound to use adsp instead of
/dev/dsp. That may help with the sound problems I've been getting with xine
in freevo, and may in fact help mythtv considerably...

Ok, well I was messing with adsp vs. dsp, and with my current settings the
sound's gotten a bit worse I think, I'll have to play with it more...