[mythtv-users] Live TV ("Waited 2 seconds...") freeze does notoccur when using mpeg4

Tony Maro tony at maro.net
Tue Dec 16 02:59:42 EST 2003

> I think I'm seeing this too, but I'm running Slackware 9.0,
> and using RTJpeg for LiveTV.
>
> I've gotta come up with a way to restart the frontend using
> the remote.. it always seems to hang just as I get
> comfortable on the couch :)

I've been thinking about a little watchdog app that runs mythfrontend
and monitors the stdout for the wait 2 seconds message.  When detected,
kill the process and start it over...

But, I have never written anything that would watch stdout from a called
thread and intervene like that, so I'm not in a hurry to do it yet.

-Tony