[mythtv-users] Re: CLE266 Recommendations

martin north martin at chipsandpeas.com
Tue Dec 16 05:03:56 EST 2003

I have the Via EPIA-M6000.

This is the lowest powered motherboard of the EPIA-M range (600Mhz CPU). My
reasons for choosing this was that it has a passively cooled CPU which keeps
things very quiet. I'm still building my mythtv so I dont have any results
as to how good it will be, but if i can get the CLE266 running then it
should be powerfull enough to do anything MPEG2 related.

If you want to do any MPGE4/Divx then you want to use the M9000 or M10000
with the more powerful CPU's - which need a small fan to cool them.

For reference, I have had my system running successfully with VDR - without
using the CLE266. It is fine for livetv, but struggles with recording and
channel changing.