[mythtv-users] pcHDTV - 2 questions

Doug Larrick doug at ties.org
Tue Dec 16 07:54:14 EST 2003

On 12/16/03 04:15:48, Jarod C. Wilson wrote:
> I think the presence of my 960x540 modeline was setting a rez of
> 960x540, with a virtual rez of 1920x540

You need to list the largest mode first.

> Any word on adjusting Myth to scale H and V separately [so as to use
> a 1920x560 mode]?

The code to do so is in 0.13 -- that's what's causing problems with
Xinerama currently.  Also, the text in the GUI is really tall and
skinny -- but worth it to me for the extra video quality.  On my (long)
task list is the ability to use a different mode for GUI and video.

You absolutely have to turn on deinterlacing with this or you get
really weird artifacts on the screen -- which is a shame, since we then
go ahead and discard that extra resolution, but keep the resulting non-
smooth panning and ghosting that result from the simple deint filter.
The new kerneldeint filter is too CPU-intensive for HDTV.  What would
be ideal for this use would be a 'bob' deinterlace filter -- simply
double each line in both fields.  This is also on my long list, but
I've never dealt with YUV data before so it would involve a lot of
learning for me.

-Doug