[mythtv-users] Re: Nova-T ac-tex damaged etc.

Martin Brown Martin.Brown at macquarie.com
Tue Dec 16 16:30:45 EST 2003

Just to let people know who might have the same problem that I had: large scale quantisation break
up, streaming "ac-tex damage" errors, etc.:

Check that DMA is enabled on the disk storing the Myth data. I had to recompile my kernel with
support for my IDE controller before I could do this, but then turning DMA on with hdparm boosed the
disk speed 10 fold and got rid of the errors I was seeing.

Thanks to those who responded to my quenstions.

Now on to the next challenge...

Martin Brown