[mythtv-users] LIRC problem

DBakker at arrayasolutions.com DBakker at arrayasolutions.com
Tue Dec 16 16:49:08 EST 2003

Does lirc report that it found your device in your messages log?

"Steve Hall" <tarkie at nildram.co.uk>
Sent by: mythtv-users-bounces at mythtv.org
12/16/2003 04:33 PM
Please respond to
Discussion about mythtv <mythtv-users at mythtv.org>

<mythtv-users at mythtv.org>
cc

Subject
[mythtv-users] LIRC problem

I?ve got an Accent case, remote, and VFD solution ? and very nice it is
too.

However, I?m trying to get the remote to work and failing.

I have successfully got it to function in Windows using IRAssistant, and
know that it works on COM1 using 1200 baud, and 8N1

However, I cant appear to get LIRC to recognise it correctly.

I can get the lirc_serial module loaded, and have done a setserial
/dev/ttyS0 uart none to remove the serial device from COM1.

But I cant get mode2/irw to report any codes. I believe I know the
problem, in that the LIRC I have reports Lircd(haugpage) when it starts,
but when I try to compile a new version for Serial on COM1 using the
config it just dies
Saying that :

Pathdown.sh line 4 : TOPDOWN : parameter null or not set.

Any suggestions?

Oh, also, any tips on using the VFD?