[mythtv-users] Hardware Advice

DBakker at arrayasolutions.com DBakker at arrayasolutions.com
Tue Dec 16 17:39:45 EST 2003

I put everything behind my tv and use a firewire dvd rom. So there is
nothing except a little dvd drive and my TV showing. You can hide the IR
receiver if you need to also.  The dvd  drive is whisper quiet and I
havent had any issues with it.

Preston Crow <pc-mythtv at crowcastle.net>
Sent by: mythtv-users-bounces at mythtv.org
12/16/2003 05:31 PM
Please respond to
Discussion about mythtv <mythtv-users at mythtv.org>

Discussion about mythtv <mythtv-users at mythtv.org>
cc

Subject
Re: [mythtv-users] Hardware Advice

http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=11-129-142&depa=1&section=4

> The reviewer from HTPC News talked about taking a regular beige DVD
drive and
> spray-painting the face-plate with a silver paint. Seems like a decent
> solution.
> http://www.htpcnews.com/main.php?id=overturereview1

If you do a search at your favorite shopping site (Froogle, Pricewatch,
or such), you can find silver DVD-ROM drives.  They seem to be a little
more expensive ($20 to $40).

I'm concerned about finding a quiet DVD-ROM drive.  My current DVD
player is rather loud, and I want to fix the problem, not make it worse.

--PC