[mythtv-users] Attention Scientific Atlanta 2100 people

Dan Berger dan at theidiots.org
Wed Dec 17 01:24:52 EST 2003

Hi guys,

The only missing item from my PVR being flawless is a working IR blaster.

I live in NYC and have Time Warner digital cable. That means for my 900
some-odd channels (who the hell needs so many?), I need the cable to go
through the cable box.

Has anyone here managed to successfully use an IR blaster with this box? If
so, what kind of ir blaster are you using?

I have the Actisys-IR200L blaster. LIRC is running fine (with lirc_sir).
Irrecord works (I see dots and can create my own conf file) but irsend does
not work (although my frequency is at 56000 with the SA2000 conf).

[If you're going to say homebrew, I find the directions at lirc.org to
building a blaster myself intimidating--I don't know anything about
electronics. Therefore, I would rather use an already built blaster. Then
again, I question whether I can get it working if I can't get my Actisys
working.]

Thankya,

-Dan