[mythtv-users] Live TV ("Waited 2 seconds...") freeze does not occur when using mpeg4

bobnvic at everestkc.net bobnvic at everestkc.net
Wed Dec 17 19:04:21 EST 2003

Alan Snyder wrote:
> Try this (suggested by someone else):  Start live TV,
> pause for as close as you can to exactly 30 seconds.
> Come back in a few hours.  Does the frontend no longer
> freeze?  Is it still 30 seconds behind?  Someone
> suggested that their system never froze when watching
> a bit behind in the ringbuffer.

I didn't believe this could possibly be true, but I did
it last night and it went all night and all day today on
Live TV, 30 seconds behind, without any problem.
Previously, it would get hung with the "waited 2 seconds.."
issue within 2-3 hours at most.

I would think that this would indicate that the problem is
at least partially within MythTV and not just a driver or
other externel issue.  Are there any buffering adjustments
we can make that may help those of us with this problem?

Bob C