[mythtv-users] Exporting nuv files to something that AdobePremiere can read without losing quality?

Rex Wheeler rex at fuzzy.com
Thu Dec 18 04:22:56 EST 2003

>> If I take the compressed 700MB file and move it over to my Premier
>> machine, tweak the video (with Premier or something else), then burn
it
>> on a DVD, the data is going to go through an extra expand and
compress
>> cycle.

>What are you tweaking in premier that you can't do in myth's editor?

Taking clips and pieces that I pull from TV and using them in video
projects that come from sources other then MythTV (such as a DV
camcorder.)

I have two different goals actually. One is to be able to use clips that
I record off of TV and mix them with video projects that contain other
non TV material. The other is to simply archive TV shows to DVD.

Currently my DVD burner is hooked up to my Windows box and DVD authoring
and burning software is Windows based.

I don't want this to degrade into a Linux vs. Windows discussion. I use
both environments regularly and have used Linux since the 1.x kernel
days.

I am new to video editing and processing and only have so much time to
devote in this area. I have figured out how to edit and mix video clips,
build menus, and burn them to a DVD on the Windows side of the world. I
would like to be able to add clips that I captured with MythTV into my
projects.

Once I get it all working and have a feel for what I can make it do, I
will likely push toward a complete Linux based solution, but right now I
don't have the time to track down all the components needed on the Linux
side (USB DVD-RW Drivers, DVD image generation software, Menu editing
software, All the proper transcoding stuff on both the sound and video
sides, etc.)

Rex