[mythtv-users] Increase the guide fonts

Thu Dec 18 05:14:51 EST 2003

> > And for everyone using Myth on a computer monitor, my answer is -- try it
> > on a TV screen.  And I don't mean some monster 40+ inch TV set, I mean
> > reasonably sized screen.  Mine's 27 inches and most of the EPG stuff is
> > *unreadable*, hence unusable.
>
> I sit about 12 feet from a 32" tv, and the default font size for the EPG is
> perfectly readable.

It depends on dpi and hence on screen res.

Isaac, what res do you run in?  640x480 by any chance?  800x600?

I'm just a pauper with a 21" telly, and I found that fiddling with X settings
to change the display size (and hence emulate 100dpi) made everthing scale nicely.

...and as a bonus I can also fixup the slightly odd aspect ratio since
I am running at 720x576