[mythtv-users] Jarod's Fedora install - driver & web questions

Michael Cohn michael.cohn at calibreassociates.com
Thu Dec 18 16:24:04 EST 2003

I decided to start over since my last post...

I'm using a Pundit box with PVR-350.

I found that using the Fedora core (instead of RH9) my onboard SiS video
drivers and broadcom 10/100 drivers are recognized.  After updating the
kernel with Atrpms kickstart, they are STILL recognized.

 - Should I continue with updating the SiS video driver as outlined in
Jarod's instructions (section 8)?

My second question is related to setting up Apache/PHP/MySQL.  I would
prefer to do this on my own and manually compile these items.

 - Is there a way to use "apt-get install mythtv-suite" but leave out
Apache/MySQL/PHP?

Thanks very much in advance,

-- Michael