[mythtv-users] Re: Nova-T ac-tex damaged etc.

Scammell, David David.Scammell at mercer.com
Fri Dec 19 09:07:45 EST 2003

Martin,

I'm seeing this, the errors appear to kill the backend as well.

I've got a UDMA 133 drive (MAXTOR 7Y250P0), running at UDMA 100, UDMA
support is compiled in (sis5513-sis735) and (appears) is auto activated by
the kernel. Unmasking interrupts didn't really make any difference to the
transfer rate, ~10MB/s.

I suspect this motherboard supports UDMA 133 transfers but this kernel,
vanilla 2.4.22 inc dvb support doesn't grok it. I think I will have to look
for a bios upgrade, then possibly tweak the sis driver to understand it.
Name of the motherboard is not to hand though right now.

Should I see <much> better throughput than this?

I'm surprised that the UDMA configuration of the machine causes so such an
issue, the bandwidth needed to disk from the nova-T shouldn't be so much,
even with a slightly mis-configured disk. I'll have to try dvbsteam again,
it did stream data perfectly to disk before, no significant errors. Why
should it have such a problem when Mythtv is in charge?

I think getting the correct channel info of Freeview from xmltv will be the
next challenge!

David Scammell
Unix System Administrator
Global Tech. OPS (Chichester)