[mythtv-users] MySQL timeout FAIL with fedora

Jackie Meese junkmail at dcm.dhs.org
Fri Dec 19 13:40:32 EST 2003

On Dec 18, 2003, at 6:44 PM, David Rees wrote:
>> But I can tell you that I have the exact same thing with FC1, I can't
>> quite call it a problem though, because it doesn't affect anything, it
>> says it failed, but it doesn't really, so I just got used to ignoring
>> it
>> and not rebooting too often.

Fedora already has a bugzilla entry for this and it should be released
out of "testing" at some point.  I've just commented out the lines in
/etc/rc.d/init.d/mysqld as follows so you don't have to wait 10 seconds
to get a false error message.

#            if !([ -n "`/usr/bin/mysqladmin ping 2> /dev/null`" ]);
then
#                    echo "Timeout error occurred trying to start MySQL
Daemon."
#                    action $"Starting $prog: " /bin/false
#            else
                     action $"Starting $prog: " /bin/true
#            fi

--
Jackie Meese, Systems Administrator
Institute for Distance and Distributed Learning, Va Tech