[mythtv-users] Re: Jarod's Fedora install - driver & web questions

Ian Forde ian at duckland.org
Sat Dec 20 05:18:12 EST 2003

On Sat, 2003-12-20 at 01:16, Jarod C. Wilson wrote:
> And/or use the spec file from the src.rpm with your own tarball
> (possibly of a newer version, a patched version, etc.), edit the spec
> file (pretty much all your build options go in there) to your liking
> and have fully customized version in rpm form after building as Ian
> said. :)

Heh.  It gets better.  If you replace the tarball with a newer version
that fix the vulnerabilities covered by the RedHat patches, make sure
that you remove the RedHat patches in /usr/src/redhat/BUILD before
running the rpmbuild command.  That's how you can get things like Apache
2.0.48 to install on RH9, for example...

> I have to go get re-certified before too long here... I got mine back
> when 7.3 was current... Good thing I've got some machines running RHEL3
> to play with...

Trying not to think about that.  I got mine when 7.1 was current.  I'm
not looking forward to shelling out $750 for that exam again... ;)

	-I

P.S. - On the other hand, I must admit that the exam was fun!
--
                       Ian Forde, RHCE, CCSE, SCNA, SCDME
                       ian at duckland.org / ian at cytben.com