[mythtv-users] PVR350 test_image working but not video

Torsten Schenkel torsten.schenkel at web.de
Mon Dec 22 07:34:04 EST 2003

Am So, den 21.12.2003 schrieb Olivier um 22:35:
> I think I am almost there...
>
> I've got capture, test_image and auto out working, but still no video
> out...
>
> with the following command, I do see the test patern on tv-out
>     insmod saa7127 enable_output=1 output_select=0 test_image=1
>
> with the following commands, I do *hear* the mpeg audio out of the
> audio/video out connector
>     dd if=/tmp/test_capture.mpg of=/dev/video16 bs=64k
>     dd if=/dev/video0 of=/dev/video16 bs=64k
>
> but I still don't get video out of the tv-out...

Do you have ivtv-fb loaded?

If so it will lies "over" the video output. You can make it transparent
using ivtvfbctl to set the alpha value:

To set transparency:
ivtvfbctl /dev/fb0 -localalpha

Watch video:
dd if=/tmp/test_capture.mpg of=/dev/video16 bs=64k

Reset alpha:
ivtvfbctl /dev/fb0 -nolocalalpha

Do you see it now?

> I have seen other message with people having similar problem, but I
> have not found any answer;

Then you didn't look hard enough :-)

Torsten