[mythtv-users] Re: 2 DVB Problems

Tue Dec 23 07:55:07 EST 2003

> thanks for your answer. But i think this isn't the reason. I can not find
> these settings in the scan output, but recording is working if i don't wait
> to long from starting mythbackend to start the recording.

Sounds a little bit like the arm chip is crashing on your DVB card?

Why don't you take a step back and fully debug this outside of Myth.  Myth is just adding to your issues at this point.

Suggest that you use szap, and record a few files to HD.  Flick between channels quickly, and perhaps even try out the xine/mplayer plugins.  If you are bored give VDR a go even.  This will help you flush out driver problems or hardware problems.

If you find anything, take it to the linuxtv-dvb mailing list though because we are a bit thin on the ground with DVB folks here.