[mythtv-users] Can anyone recommend a good gfx card with a good tvout? How about geforce4mx?

Robert Krig rkrig at gmx.de
Tue Dec 23 10:31:01 EST 2003

Ive got a geforce4mx 440se which I intend to use once I start building a stand alone mythtv box.

I was wondering if anyone could comment on the quality of the tvout.

Secondly, can the geforce4mx do 720x576 pal resolution in xfree?

I know the tvout will produce such a picture. But from my windows days I remember that in the resolution settings, you could usually switch to either 800x600 or 640x480 in order to use the tvout. Im not sure if the graphics card then either resizes the image to 720x576, or it leaves the image as it is, but only displays a cropped picture with a resolution of 720x576.

What I want is to have perfect tvout quality, with no rescaling needed. So ideally have xfree setup to run at 720x576x24bit.
Is that possible? On a geforce4mx?

I tried setting my xfree config to that resolution, but it didnt work. Of course I was trying to display that resolution on my monitor, so that could be the reason that it didnt want to work.