[mythtv-users] Live TV Playback Issue

paul at lazytechs.com paul at lazytechs.com
Tue Dec 23 11:50:40 EST 2003

I have had a problem with Watching Live TV.  I have tried to find this on
other posts but have yet to find it, so if this is a repeat I apologize ahead
of time.

When I watch live TV, it is like it is fast forwarding all the time.  The
audio sounds like something off of a Alvin and Chipmunks recording.  It is
really fast.  Video playback is also sped up with the audio.  I have tried
adjusting sampling rate on the backend and frontend like some Posts have
suggested, but with no results.  Recording TV shows works just fine and so
does MP3 Playback.  I do not notice any error except:

2003-12-23 10:59:35 prebuffering pause

I receive this every time it catches up to the Live TV buffer, and starts all
over again.

My Setup hardware wise is has follows:

AMD Athlon 1ghz
1 GB RAM
2 Sound Cards(Running Frontend and Backend on 1 system for now)

Any Ideas would be great.

Paul