[mythtv-users] my /etc/modules.conf

Jarod C. Wilson jcw at wilsonet.com
Tue Dec 23 13:31:42 EST 2003

On Tuesday 23 December 2003 01:48, Deano! wrote:
> I'm thinking there's nothing wrong with mine, either, but... Let me know
> if there is.

There is. :)

> I'd love to have my 350 working sometime before the new
> year... ;)
>
> path[toplevel]=/lib/modules/`uname -r`/updates
> # default path
> path[toplevel]=/lib/modules/`uname -r`
> # ivtv modules setup
> alias char-major-81 videodev
> alias char-major-81-0 ivtv
> options tuner type=2
> options msp3400 once=1 simple=1
> add below ivtv msp3400 saa7115 tuner
> alias eth0 e100
> alias usb-controller usb-uhci
> alias usb-controller1 ehci-hcd
> alias ieee1394-controller ohci1394
> alias char-major-195 nvidia
> # --- BEGIN: Generated by ALSACONF, do not edit. ---
> # --- ALSACONF verion 1.0.0rc2 ---
> alias char-major-116 snd
> alias char-major-14 soundcore
> alias sound-service-0-0 snd-mixer-oss
> alias sound-service-0-1 snd-seq-oss
> alias sound-service-0-3 snd-pcm-oss
> alias sound-service-0-8 snd-seq-oss
> alias sound-service-0-12 snd-pcm-oss
> alias snd-card-0 snd-emu10k1
> alias sound-slot-0 snd-emu10k1
> # --- END: Generated by ALSACONF, do not edit. ---

Is that really what ALSACONF put in there, with no modification? The last two
lines should be:

alias snd-card-0 snd-emu10k1
alias sound-slot-0 snd-card-0

Probably has no impact on the functionality of your PVR-350 though. Otherwise,
I don't see anything out of the ordinary. When you say "working" about your
350, did you mean just recordings, or TV-Out also (because there's a lot more
that has to be done in modules.conf for TV-Out).

- --
Jarod C. Wilson, RHCE

Got a question? Read this first...
     http://wilsonet.com/mythtv/