[mythtv-users] XMLTV woulnd't work for austria/german

Martina Walter lists at kratzt.net
Thu Dec 25 12:33:43 EST 2003

On Thu, 2003-12-25 at 18:04, Patrick Ofner wrote:
> Hello!
>
> I'am living in austria and so XMLTV wouldn't work for me!
> There is a Python program for fetching data from TVMovie, but then you will
> have a XMLTV file with all movies, but with no correct channel names that can
> be used to tune the capture card!
>
> Has anynody a solution for this?

Download and install nxtvepg from http://nxtvepg.sourceforge.net/, scan
for providers, let it fetch data, dump data as xmltv and import them
with
mythfilldatabase --file <source> <offset> filename.xml

After that I had to manually assign frequency and channel number in the
database but it works for me. Just tried it an hour ago.

You may get some info on channels you cannot receive in your area (for
me that is SWR and H3) and no data for others (e.g.regional channels)
but here it works for 28 out of 36 channels.

HTH

Martina

PS: I have no idea if "--update" will work with that setup. I did not
find it in the list archive and may have to try it the hard way. Best to
backup your database before trying it.