[mythtv-users] Fedora Scrambled Video, No Audio

MythMichale mythtv at pln.cc
Thu Dec 25 15:43:32 EST 2003

Here is my test_ioctl -a:

[root at myth root]# /usr/lib/ivtv/test_ioctl -a
ioctl: IVTV_IOC_G_CODEC
Codec parameters
aspect      : 2
audio       : 0x00e9
bframes     : 3
bitrate_mode: 0
bitrate     : 8000000
bitrate_peak: 16000000
dnr_mode    : 0
dnr_spatial : 0
dnr_temporal: 0
dnr_type    : 0
framerate   : 1
framespergop: 12
gop_closure : 0
pulldown    : 0
stream_type : 0
ioctl: VIDIOC_G_FMT
        Type   : Video Capture
        Width  : 720
        Height : 576
ioctl: VIDIOC_QUERYCAP
        Driver name   : ivtv
        Card type     : Vanilla iTVC15 card
        Bus info      : 0
        Driver version: 1
        Capabilities  : 0x01030001
ioctl: VIDIOC_ENUMINPUT
        Name    : Composite 0
        Type    : 0x00000002
        Audioset: 0x00000001
        Tuner   : 0x00000000
        Standard: 0x              FF ( PAL )
        Status  : 0
        Name    : Composite 1
        Type    : 0x00000002
        Audioset: 0x00000001
        Tuner   : 0x00000000
        Standard: 0x              FF ( PAL )
        Status  : 0
        Name    : Composite 2
        Type    : 0x00000002
        Audioset: 0x00000001
        Tuner   : 0x00000000
        Standard: 0x              FF ( PAL )
        Status  : 0
        Name    : Composite 3
        Type    : 0x00000002
        Audioset: 0x00000001
        Tuner   : 0x00000000
        Standard: 0x              FF ( PAL )
        Status  : 0
        Name    : Tuner 0
        Type    : 0x00000001
        Audioset: 0x00000000
        Tuner   : 0x00000000
        Standard: 0x              FF ( PAL )
        Status  : 0
        Name    : Composite 4
        Type    : 0x00000002
        Audioset: 0x00000001
        Tuner   : 0x00000000
        Standard: 0x              FF ( PAL )
        Status  : 0
        Name    : S-Video 0
        Type    : 0x00000002
        Audioset: 0x00000001
        Tuner   : 0x00000000
        Standard: 0x              FF ( PAL )
        Status  : 0
        Name    : S-Video 1
        Type    : 0x00000002
        Audioset: 0x00000001
        Tuner   : 0x00000000
        Standard: 0x              FF ( PAL )
        Status  : 0
        Name    : S-Video 2
        Type    : 0x00000002
        Audioset: 0x00000001
        Tuner   : 0x00000000
        Standard: 0x              FF ( PAL )
        Status  : 0
        Name    : S-Video 3
        Type    : 0x00000002
        Audioset: 0x00000001
        Tuner   : 0x00000000
        Standard: 0x              FF ( PAL )
        Status  : 0
ioctl: VIDIOC_G_INPUT
Input = 0
ioctl: VIDIOC_G_FREQUENCY
Frequency = 0
ioctl: VIDIOC_ENUMSTD
        ID          : 0x            3000
        Name        : NTSC
        Frame period: 1001/30000
        Frame lines : 525
        ID          : 0x              FF
        Name        : PAL
        Frame period: 1/25
        Frame lines : 625
        ID          : 0x          7F0000
        Name        : SECAM
        Frame period: 1/25
        Frame lines : 625
ioctl: VIDIOC_G_STD
Standard = 0x000000ff
ioctl: VIDIOC_QUERYCTRL
Brightness = 128
Contrast = 64
Saturation = 64
Hue = 0
Volume = 59343
Mute = 0

If I am reading this correctly, then my stuff is set for PAL... Which
would definitely explain my scrambled video, eh??

Happy Mything....

				Michale