[mythtv-users] OT: Wide Mode Video player on linux?

Jarod C. Wilson jcw at wilsonet.com
Fri Dec 26 01:13:20 EST 2003

On Dec 25, 2003, at 15:15, Jamison Wilde wrote:

> I'm curious if there are any Wide Mode linux video
> players, or if it even makes sense for there to be
> one. I use Wide Mode from my DVD player (& PS2 for
> Gran Turismo3) on my HDTV to good effect, as it
> outputs a full screen amount of data for a wide screen
> display that compresses the data onto the HDTV screen
> creating it's own black bars.
>
> Is something like this available or even useful on
> linux?  I imagine it might be useful for composite or
> SVideo output, but I am using 800p (800x600) on my
> HDTV.

That would actually be 600p.

> Any thoughts or info?  Thanks.

My MythVideo launch command:

/usr/bin/mplayer -fs -zoom -quiet -monitoraspect 16:9 -vo xv -ao
alsa9:spdif -ac hwac3, %s

Of particular interest to you is the "-monitoraspect 16:9" part. All my
stuff plays with the correct aspect ratio on my HDTV.

--
Jarod C. Wilson, RHCE

Got a question? Read this first...
     http://wilsonet.com/mythtv/