[mythtv-users] PVR-250 sound garbled

Hans-Christian Prytz hcp_public at prytz.net
Fri Dec 26 20:01:21 EST 2003

Hi, I've been trying to get my PVR-250 to work with Mythtv, and the
video part is so far working properly. The sound is another matter.
About to/three times a minute the sound quality goes very bad for a few
seconds. It really get quite garbled, but just for a few seconds, and
then it's good again.

I also have a WinTV card ("normal") in the same machine (the one I've
used up to now), and this does not have this problem. Also old
recordings do not have this problem, so it has to be the recording card
and not the output.

I've tried playing with the bitrate settings in the profiles, but it
hasn't resolved the problem.

Any suggestions would be welcome :-)

As it is now, I'll keep trying for a while, but it looks like I'll have
to retire the pvr-250 to a secondary card.......

Hans-Christian