[mythtv-users] Unable to rewind/skip in Live TV -- 100%

jose rubio debian at nc.rr.com
Sat Dec 27 08:32:19 EST 2003

On Sat, 2003-12-27 at 01:43, Carl wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am in the final phases of putting a MythTV box together, and have kind of a
> strange problem. When I am watching live TV, it works great, but if I try to
> pause/unpause, skip, rewind, ff, etc., it will work for awhile, then suddenly
> jump to "100% full", and not let me nav around any more. From there, live tv
> continues to stream on, but it is "stuck" in the buffer wherever I am, even
> if it's time-shifted back. Kind of a pain, because I am still tuning my
> DirecTV box manually...
>
> System/Configuration:
>
> EPIA C3/800MHz
> PVR-350
> Gentoo Linux (kernel is gentoo-sources-2.4.22-r1)
> MythTV 0.13*
> IVTV-CVS* (pulled 25 Dec 2003)
>
> * patched with David Engel's latest patches
>
> I wasn't able to see this symptom described in the archives, either here or at
> ivtv, and have not successfully captured any log messages that offer any
> clues. I do see
>
> ivtv: DMA read error. Result=0x00000002
>
> but that seems to come up while things are working correctly as well.
>
> Often when I exit to the UI after this happens, I end up with a freeze,
> backend crash, broken ivtv-fb, or other problem, but again, I haven't
> definitively linked these problems...
>
> Any thoughts?
>
> Carl

Yep, if you add to that the occasional "tinny audio" ... that about
describes the status of mythtv/pvr-350 tv-out stuff.

I must say that I still love my 350 tv-out quality and I'm really
looking forward to the next ivtv driver...

As far as what we (non-programmers) can do...  Just keep looking out for
bugs and try to pinpoint them for someone else to fix them.

-jose-