[mythtv-users] Where is decoding done?

Jelle Kalf jelle at kalf.org
Sun Dec 28 15:21:07 EST 2003

The decoding is done in the frontend machine which displays the videosignal.

If you're planning on using a frontend / backend system. I'd advise you to take PVR250 cards for the backend. (Unless you're planning to watch tv on it as well)

If you plan to watch tv on the backend as well, make sure you have a powerfull enough machine (pentium III 1200mhz and up).

The pvr350 is excellent if you want to listen radio (PVR250 has no radio tuner) and / or if you want to output to a TV with the hardware mpeg decoding chip that's onboard.

Jelle.

--
echo 16i[q]sa[ln0=aln100%Pln100/snlbx]sbA0D4D465452snlb xq |dc