[mythtv-users] Problems with streams created with PVR-250

Dirk Aust dirk_aust at gmx.de
Sun Dec 28 10:47:35 EST 2003

Hello Folkes,
I have a problem with these streams, when I try to playback them, I see only
completly garbled video, but the sound is correct and no crash occurs. This
happens with VIA HW decoding as well as with SW decoding, while these streams
are correctly played when I use other SW players like xine or MPlayer.

I guess this can be a problem with the detection of video format, a stream
definetly captured with MPEG2 is always detected as MPEG1, I get this
message:

  Stream #0.0: Video: mpeg1video, 720x576, 25.00 fps
  Stream #0.1: Audio: mp2, 48000 Hz, stereo, 256 kb/s

Which seems to indicate that the demuxer calls the wrong functions and the
data is misinterpreted.

But:
The small preview videos in the selection screens are also shown correct,
mysterious...

Best Regards,
Dirk