[mythtv-users] mythgallery question

Tim Wilhoit timwilhoit at cox-internet.com
Sun Dec 28 20:14:33 EST 2003

I am waiting for my hardware to arrive and I need to ask this question
in case I need get another hard drive on order.  Otherwise I would play
with it and figure it out myself.  :)

When I "import" files into MythGallery does it actually copy them
locally?  Due to storage constraints I would like to keep my pics on
another Windows box and have Myth access them via Samba.  Is this
doable?  What does the "import" do?  I am hoping it is merely importing
some info into the db.

Also, what is the best way to accomplish this considering the pics are
on a windows box?  Is there a better alternative than samba?  Thanks in
advance.

Thanks in advance for the help.