[mythtv-users] Very strange frontend behavior

Ian Forde ian at duckland.org
Mon Dec 29 02:14:13 EST 2003

So I've set up a frontend on my Vaio laptop.  (Yes - I know - I'll never
buy another one.)  Ideally, I'll be able to watch shows over 802.11g
sitting anywhere in the house where I have my laptop.  I've run into
some strange database issues though.

My main myth box works fine.  Everything works.

>From the Vaio, mythvideo works just fine.  It can access the database
for the movie listings, and I NFS-mount my movie store from a third
server just fine.

But mythmusic is hosed.  I try to go into "Setup/Music Settings" but it
brings me instead to the first regular MythMusic screen, with a frontend
"QSocketDevice::writeBlock: Invalid Socket" error followed by "Error
writing stringlist".  Mythtv is also hosed, as I can't retrieve a
listing of recorded shows.

Initially, I thought it might be a permission issue, but since mythvideo
is fine, that theory was show down.  I've checked /etc/my.cnf on the
laptop and verified that I'm using the network interface in the backend
setup for listening.

Any ideas?

	-I
--