[mythtv-users] Cutting commercials without re-encoding...

robert atkinson phreaki at earthlink.net
Mon Dec 29 05:44:47 EST 2003

I may be mistaken, but taking from my own field, it is -possible- while
maybe not actually coded in yet.

I'm not sure about every single codec out there, but the real meat in
this would be to align keyframes up
correctly, to stop any jitter from occurring. I know that I have spliced
many a recordings together without having to resort to an entire re-encode.

I just saw the word possible :) I'm sure to use this tag many more times.

As my last piece in my own mythtv is the capture board, I am almost set
to purchase an avermedia M179 card. I'm sure i'll be poking around a lot
when it's actually in production at my tv, and since this is a topic
that interests me, it will more than likely be at the top of my list.

-p