[mythtv-users] Re: Nova-T ac-tex damaged etc.

Scammell, David David.Scammell at mercer.com
Mon Dec 29 06:54:23 EST 2003

UDMA was the problem. Pci=noacpi on the command line cured my DMA problems,
I now get 55M/s from the drive and it basically records with no issue.

I couldn't persuade the 2.6 kernel linuxtv driver to work yet, seems like
others on that mailing list also couldn't get it to work. 2.4 seems good
though.

I still see some errors from the backend but I'm putting this down to poor
reception, mostly its top notch.

I get backend failures from time to time, say once a day but I'm putting
this down to incorrectly specified channel parameters/CVS version and can
live with for now.

I'm a happy bunny now I've got the server and the xbox frontend+remote
working, still playing with it all.

Cheers for the help.

David Scammell