[mythtv-users] Re:RE:Waited 2 seconds... Still... Any more ideas?

Tony Maro tony at maro.net
Mon Dec 29 18:22:36 EST 2003

Mark Frey wrote:

>As far as I know. I've been using the straight OSS stuff so far.
>
>I was able to reproduce the freeze myself twice by working my machine harder
>than normal, but still each freeze took more than an hour to manifest. I'm
>trying to repro again with "-v all" for both frontend and backend and see if
>I see anything that gives me a clue in the logs. With your machine and those
>settings you shouldn't be having any performance problems, and up until you
>have the problem you don't seem to have an inordinate number of prebuffering
>pauses which would indicate your hardware was having trouble keeping up. I
>don't know what to tell you. Hopefully I'll hit the problem again and see
>something in the logs that gives me a clue.
>
>-Mark

Well, why don't I do the same.  I've been doing "mythfrontend > out.txt"
but that doesn't grab some of the messages that are dumped, like the
"waited 2 seconds" line and some other errors that scroll past very
quickly after a bit still in the console.

How can I make sure that all console output ends up in the file I specify?

I'm not a Linux noob, but I often find there are many things I don't
know that everyone else seems to, and I feel like this is one of them ;-)

And if there's any other tests I can do that might be helpful, let me know.

-Tony