[mythtv-users] QMYSQL3 not loading

info at edivise.com info at edivise.com
Mon Dec 29 21:07:17 EST 2003

Having scoured the mailing lists and other sources and still coming up
empty, I now bow before the MythTV gods with this problem.  Hopefully
together we can find a resolution for what appears to be a common issue:

I have largely followed the Fedora/ATrpm guide to this point,
troubleshooting each error along the way.  Here's my system description:

Fedora Core 1
mythtv 0.13
qt-3.1.2
mysql 3.23.58

When trying to run 'mythtvsetup' I get this familiar error:

QSqlDatabase warning: QMYSQL3 driver not loaded
QSqlDatabase: available drivers: QODBC3
QSqlDatabase warning: QMYSQL3 driver not loaded
QSqlDatabase: available drivers: QODBC3
Unable to connect to database!
No error type from QSqlError? Strange...
unable to open database:
Driver error was:
Driver not loaded
Database error was:
Driver not loaded

What is interesting is that initially the error did not show anything
after the 'available drivers:' bit.  I then used apt-get and I pulled
down the qt-ODBC package, which installed fine, and then it started to
show up (which makes me thing that the path variables and QTDIR are set
properly).

Here are the troubleshooting steps I have taken thus far, all giving me
the same result:
-- In the /usr/lib/qt-3.1/plugins/sqldrivers directory is both
libqsqlmysql.so and libqsqlodbc.so
-- I have confirmed that mysql is running and that the 'mythconverg'
database has been created.
-- I have appropriately changed the mysql.txt in the /usr/share/mythtv
directory for my local database user/pwd.
-- I have confirmed that the Environment variables are set properly:
(PATH includes /usr/lib/qt-3.1/lib and QTDIR = /usr/lib/qt-3.1/)
-- I have verified that the library paths settings in 'qtconfig'
includes /usr/lib/qt-3.1/plugins
-- I have completely removed qt (and all dependent packages, mind you)
and re-installed, as well as making sure that qt-MySQL is in place
before installing any of the MythTV packages.
-- I have confirmed that /usr/lib/qt-3.1/lib is in my /etc/ld.so.conf
file and have run 'ldconfig' as root.

Some other postings (on various groups/lists) suggest that the MySQL
driver needs to be compiled in with the Qt core...but I wasn't sure if
that would apply since I am getting compiled RPMs rather than source.

Any insight is appreciated.  All the steps up to this point have been
well described by all.

Best,
Derek

---