[mythtv-users] mythtv-cvs gentoo ebuild files.

Jelle Kalf jelle at kalf.org
Tue Dec 30 10:32:49 EST 2003

> thanks for the ebuild files :)
> I have compiled everything except mythmusic, which barfed with this error:

lemme see:

> g++ -c -pipe -Wall -W -O3 -march=i686 -fomit-frame-pointer
> -I/usr/include/SDL -D_REENTRANT -D_REENTRANT -fPIC  -D_GNU_SOURCE
> -DPREFIX=\"/usr\" -DQT_NO_DEBUG -DQT_THREAD_SUPPORT -DQT_PLUGIN
> -I/usr/qt/3/mkspecs/linux-g++ -I. -I../../../../../../include
> -I/usr/qt/3/include -I../../../../../../X11R6/include -o mainvisual.o
> mainvisual.cpp
> main.cpp:27:30: mythtv/mythmedia.h: No such file or directory
> main.cpp: In function `void setupKeys()':
> main.cpp:386: `MEDIATYPE_AUDIO' undeclared (first use this function)
> main.cpp:386: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once for each
>    function it appears in.)
> main.cpp:386: `MEDIATYPE_MIXED' undeclared (first use this function)
> main.cpp:386: `REG_MEDIA_HANDLER' undeclared (first use this function)
> make[1]: *** [main.o] Error 1
>
> this was after merging all of the other cvs packages.
> I also did not change the accept keywords or use variable, but just
> emerged each ebuild file explicitly. I found the mythmedia.h file in the
> mythtv-cvs source and copied it to /usr/local/share/mythtv, but that
> only got rid of the 'no such file or dir' line, everything else
> persisted and the merge still failed.

strange, I didn't have that error. Why in heavens name did you get /usr/local/share/mythtv ?? you should have it in /usr/share/mythtv/ ...
could you do a "ebuild mythmusic-cvs-20031229.ebuild unpack" and check the /var/tmp/portage/mythmusic-cvs-20031229/work/mythmusic/settings.pro for the prefix setting? It should say /usr and not /usr/local/

And be warned, for normal use don't ebuild the files directly, but use emerge. I've built in a security check that should prevent you from compiling mythmusic-cvs against mythtv-0.13-r1 or mythfrontend-0.13. CVS ebuilds should be compiled against cvs ebuilds and not against 0.13 ebuilds.

> upon trying to run mythsetup, it could not find the mysql.txt file, > which was easy enough to fix but worth noting. the database also did
> not
> appear to be created, so i fed it the mc.sql script (also in
 > mythtv-cvs

It should state even after compiling mythtv-cvs that the mc.sql has to be fed manually. .... Just like the mythtv-0.13 ebuild does. making the initial database is still a manual job, like it states in the mythtv installation manual.

> source). at that point mythsetup segfaulted after complaining that it
> could not load the "blue" theme.
> I havent had time to mess with it any further, but I will do so
> tonight.

Please try. I'll check my machine again as well by completely removing every trace of myth on my workstation and recompiling it completely. But I'm 99% sure that it should work exactly like the 0.13 ebuilds. Why? Because nothing has changed and the only difference is the files will be fetched from CVS instead of a release ebuild.

Jelle.