[mythtv-users] lirc problems during MYTH TV reinstall

K Chaloupka hopdog at swbell.net
Tue Dec 30 16:32:21 EST 2003

I just got done with installing ALSA and ivtv drivers using the 2.4.20-27_33 RH kernel.

I'm having problems with starting up the lircd daemon. I've got the ALSA and ivtv drivers installed and working. I'm currently using the 2.4.20-27_33 kernel. I downloaded lirc-kmdl-$KERNEL as specified in Jason's guide and added the modifications to the modules.conf file. After performing depmod -a and modprobe for lirc_dev and lirc_i2c I run chkconfig on lircd and get this error:

error reading information on service lircd: no such file or directory.

Any suggestions??

Thanks

K_