[mythtv-users] Waited 2 seconds... Still... Any more ideas?

Eloy A. Paris peloy at chapus.net
Wed Dec 31 08:18:20 EST 2003

Curtis Wood <curtis at penguinbrat.com> writes:

> Hi,
>
>   I've had a few of these my self - mostly on 0.12 though... The one
> thing I noticed that improved this 10 fold - was the fine tuning... Fine
> tune it (the finetune field in the database) until there is way to much
> color - and then use the adjustments to make it look right... Dont just
> finetune it untill it looks right though - over tune it, and then use
> the adjustments - my thinking is that when it is overtuned, it has a
> very strong signal type of thing...

OK, I am also experiecing the infamous frontend freezes that have been
haunting some of us lately, but I fail to see how fine-tuning would
improve the situation. We need to remember that just recording a show
works perfectly. It's only when watching live TV that the freezes
occur. So, if the signal is not perfect and a fine-tune would fix it,
why there are no problems when recording, but there are when watching
live TV? I would think that if the signal is not perfect you would
record a low-quality signal, but you shouldn't have problems like
freezes. Can a developer throw in some random thoughts about this?

It would also be nice to know what TV tuner card people having this
problem are using. I personally have an ATI TV Wonder VE (bt878-based.)
I assume people with PVR 250s and 350s are not seeing the freezes. Can
anyone confirm?

Cheers,

Eloy.-

> Curtis
>

> On Thu, 2003-12-25 at 14:06, Tony Maro wrote:
>> Well, I still can't watch more than 15 minutes or so of live TV without
>> a freeze.
>>
>> Here's what the system is:
[...]