[mythtv-users] Seeking in MythMusic on network files

Kevin Kuphal kevin.kuphal at myrealbox.com
Wed Dec 31 10:15:14 EST 2003

It seems that sometimes I can seek around fine when playing files and other
times it seems to take anywhere from 15-60 seconds for the seek to register
and all that time the music is playing but the duration timer is halted and
MythMusic does not respond to input.  This seems to be directly related to
the fact that I have the files mounted via smbfs from my windows box as it
does not occur with locally played files.

Any suggestions on improving this or do I just need to copy the files
locally?

Mounted using this basic syntax:
	mount -t smbfs -o username=tridge,password=foobar //fjall/test
/data/test

Kevin Kuphal