[mythtv-users] myth developer vs myth user guidelines

Cedar McKay cedarmckay at mac.com
Thu Feb 6 00:35:56 EST 2003

Hey Isaac,
could you clarify how you would like to see posts divided between these
two lists? For instance talking about submitting a patch would
obviously be on the developer list, and discussion of xbox as a
frontend (ugh) would obviously be for the user list. But what about

help, I can't compile

help, could not find Xv Support

I think I found a bug but I'm not sure

does the AIW card work

help, I get shitty performance

how do I run frontend and backend on different machines

I get poor audio quality

I crash when I change channels

in other words, do you want to use the developer list as a place
strictly for discussion of coding,  planning and the submission of
reproducible bugs (with a backtraces), or are you just trying to get
some of the blatant off topic stuff onto another list?

I think most people want to do the right thing and not piss anyone off,
but I think a lot of people think "could not find Xv Support" would be
a developer-list issue and a lot think it would be a user-list issue.

best,

cedar