[mythtv-users] A little jittery

Steven Gill steven.gill at verizon.net
Thu Feb 6 19:48:08 EST 2003

I thought maybe you guys could help me out:

I have a celeron 1.1a GHZ processor and a Marvel G200 card.  I have Video set a decimation 2x2 and the video looks great.  If I let it play Live TV for about 5-10 minutes I get audio cut-outs and some slowdowns.  I've run top and I am only using in general 27-40% CPU.  I have nothing else running and have a decent sound card SB Live.

I've already checked for some things that typically cause problems:

- DMA turned on on Hard drive hdparm -t reports back 45 MB/s

- Using alsa 9.0rc6

- Made sure arts is killed

- Running X at 800x600 (this does the same at 640x480)

- This happend with MP3 compression and uncompressed audio

The only other thing I can attribute it to is the motherboard which is a VIA apollo dual processor board.  I have heard issues with the South Bridge.  I am using a stock  2.4.19 kernel, and I wonder if I should look for any patches for via chipsets.  What do you think?

Steve