[mythtv-users] A note on building under Mandrake9.0..

Aaron Stewart acs at hourglassone.com
Sat Feb 8 21:42:57 EST 2003

Just a word of advice to anyone who's getting grief building under
Mandrake 9.0.. The CVS makefiles that come with mythtv seem to have gcc
and g++ hard-coded, which then tries to link using g++ 2.96..

Unfortunately, this causes an incompatibility with libqt3, which is
built using gcc/g++ 3.2.  The makefiles need to be modified:

CC = gcc-3.2
CXX = g++-3.2
LINK = g++-3.2

Normally this would've been taken care of using automake/autoconf, but
mythtv doesn't use those, so manual changes are necessary.  If you get
some compiler errors having to do with undefined references
"QApplication", "QString", etc... then that's why.

I learned the hard way, so I thought I'd share..

Cheers,
Aaron C:\STEWART>