[mythtv-users] suggested partition size for /mnt/store?

John Hurliman jhurliman at myrealbox.com
Mon Feb 10 13:34:13 EST 2003

What is a good suggested hard drive size for the /mnt/store buffer
partition? I will be using a dual-tuner setup with an 80gb hard drive,
so two recordings could be running simultaneously. What is the maximum
size for each of the ringbuffers (is it configurable?) and are there any
other buffers or temporary files that should be taken into account when
creating this partition. I want to maximize hard drive space for storage
while leaving ample space for buffering. Also, the recordings/media will
be stored in /home/mythtv; is it worthwhile from a performance
standpoint to make /home yet another partition? Or maybe it makes more
sense to put the mySQL database on it's own partition and everything
else on the / partition. Samba will be running though and I don't want
file transfers to interrupt the recording and/or playback.

So we may be looking at /, /boot, /home, /mnt/store, quite the partition
table!