[mythtv-users] Creative Infra Receiver/CIMR100

Chris Pinkham cpinkham at bc2va.org
Mon Feb 10 18:10:38 EST 2003

> Does anyone have any experience with this remote IR reciever and
> control? Does it work reasonably?

I have one of these on my MythTV box right now.  I use it from about
7-8 feet away regularly.  I have already got a home-built serial
receiver though and am planning on switching to that at some point.

Couple pros/cons from my experience:

* Pros
	- works decent
	- easy to configure with lirc (preconfigured /etc/lircd.conf file)

* Cons
	- receiver only works with creative remote
	- creative remote uses a "button" battery rather than AA or AAA
	- not enough buttons to map both 0-9 and up/down/left/right/etc.

I'm switching to a universal remote with the homebuilt receiver so I can
map more keys, but if you're happy with the amount/config of the keys on
the creative remote and the special battery you need to use, then it's a nice
remote for the price.  I got mine for $7.95 + shipping/handling off of
www.compgeeks.com I think.  Picked up 2 actually.  I'll probably use one of
those when I get around to making a MythTV box for the bedroom.

Chris