[mythtv-users] A few difficulties

Baba O'Riley grantstoll at hotmail.com
Tue Feb 11 00:00:38 EST 2003

A day or two ago, I had 'Watch TV' working but was still working on getting
tv
out to work.  Now I have tv out working, but I can't get mythtv's
'Watch TV' to work.  xawtv displays video.

$ mythfrontend
Probed: /dev/video - Television
Probed: /dev/video - Composite1
fcntl: Bad file descriptor
fcntl: Bad file descriptor
Changing from None to WatchingLiveTV

....Then it hangs
is it possible that this next problem causes it?

I tried upgrading to the newly released xmltv today, but I now have an error
where mythfilldatabase segfaults.
Which might have something to do with this error.

$ mythepg
fcntl: Bad file descriptor
fcntl: Bad file descriptor
You don't have any channels defined in the database
This isn't going to work.
Segmentation fault

Any and all help is greatly appreciated.  I am still fairly new at linux
(this
is the first program I have ever installed myself in linux).