[mythtv-users] MythTV & Dolby ProLogic question

Cliff Draper Cliff.Draper at Sun.com
Tue Feb 11 11:00:56 EST 2003

Hi,

After spending sometime configuring hardware (I had to replace my
Fortismo III with a SB Live, and replace an old ATI video card with an
old nVidia card, and get rid of the generated mysql password), I'm now
at the point where I can start trying to get the best results out of
my system.

Some broadcasts are sent in Dolby ProLogic encoded in 2 channels and I
want to make sure that when LAME is used to do compression, it doesn't
"compress out" the Dolby ProLogic information.  My understanding is
that this means LAME should be run with full stereo (sometimes simply
known as "stereo" I believe) instead of "joint stereo".  Does MythTV
use "joint stereo"?  And if so, how can I switch it to use full
stereo?

Also, thanks to everyone who has contributed to MythTV.  It is quite
impressive.

regards,
Cliff Draper    Sun Microsystems, Forte Tools
My opinions may or may not reflect those of my employer.
If you can lead it to water and force it to drink, it isn't a horse.