[mythtv-users] 'You don't have any channels defined in the database'

Alex Davidson alexd at synergycsi.com
Wed Feb 12 13:26:21 EST 2003

I get this error when running mythepg at step 9.3 of initial setup
(http://www.mythtv.org/docs/mythtv-HOWTO-9.html#ss9.3)

I searched the archives and the closest match to this problem suggested
doing a make distclean which I did, then I rebuilt myth again
(http://www.mythtv.org/docs/mythtv-HOWTO-5.html#ss5.4) but I get the same
problem still.

I am also concerned that my capture card is not setup correctly...

If I ignore the above error and run mythtvfrontend it says:
default is defined, but isn't attached to a card input

and if I hit Watch TV:
Changing from None to WatchingLiveTV
Can't open video device: /dev/video
open video:: Is a directory
VIDEOCSAUDIO: Bad file descriptor

If I go to Hardware Browser both the capture card and video card say
Device=N/A

How can I check my capture card works in Linux without using myth or should
I just hold tight until I figure out the rest?

Thanks,
Alex