[mythtv-users] 'You don't have any channels defined in the database'

Isaac Richards ijr at po.cwru.edu
Wed Feb 12 17:09:08 EST 2003

On Wednesday 12 February 2003 04:57 pm, Michael J. Sherman wrote:
> So when I run mythfilldatabase it insists on getting data for all the
> cable channels, even though I set it up for broadcast antenna.  I have
> run 'setup' and 'tv_grab_na --configure', but it still gets all the
> cable channel info.

Edit the xmltv config in ~/.mythtv/[videosourcename] that you gave it during
setup to disable any channels you didn't disable when you initially set
things up.

> Also, I have upgraded xmltv to the newer 0.5.7, but still get a seg
> fault after it gets one day of data, but doesn't actually put anything
> in the database.  It did successfully fill up the temp file with all the
> XML output from tv_grab_na, however.
>
> So, assuming that I am *not* using the CVS version of MythTV, what are
> my options?  I'm running release 0.7 because I had issues in trying to
> get the CVS version working...

Either use CVS mythtv, or use xmltv 0.5.6 with the patch Matt mentioned on the
-dev list the other day that makes it use the old style tv listings, or one
of the two different ways of fixing the segfault that were posted to this
list.

Isaac